Saturday, June 23, 2012

DIY Disney!


I've been making some stuff for the trip. I figure if I spend a little bit here and there it will be a lot easier than spending a bunch right before we leave. I know it's still far away, but I want to be ready!! One thing that I made though is definitely useful now.


A Disney Dollar jar! I had a couple of buttons in the house that I used to make Mickey. The little Mickeys are just fabric paint. Then I threw all of the change I found laying around inside of the jar! Any change I find between now and when we leave is going in that jar! Although, it looks like I might need another...


Next I took 2 containers from mini M&M's and decorated them with colored paper and ribbon. Erik and I both like pressed pennies, and it's a cheap way to get a souvenir. The Pressed Penny Money container is full of sets of 2 quarters with a penny on top of each set for easy access. (I got this idea from The Disney Diva http://www.tipsfromthedisneydiva.com/2012/05/pressed-penny-souvenirs.html)


This way a really cheap white board I got from Target ($1, seriously). I covered the edges with ribbon to make it look nicer and covered the marker body in colored paper. This will be great for playing games on the plane. Tic Tac Toe, Hangman, and Pictionary!!


I won a deck of cards a few years ago at Warped Tour, and re-purposed them as Disney cards for Pictionary and Hangman. I tried to put labels on the cards to cover the pictures, but they didn't fir in the box! I was going to use Disney paint chips like the blogger I got this idea from (http://acreativeprincess.blogspot.com/2012/05/draw-somethingdisney.html), but my local Home Depot didn't have any! And then I realized I would probably take a deck of cards anyways. This way we can use the cards for other card games. (Including Old Maid, since one of the Jokers is Lady Tremaine!!)

Now I have to start collecting stuff that we'll actually NEED instead of just fun stuff. It's obvious my priorities are in great order =].

No comments:

Post a Comment