Thursday, June 14, 2012

Decision

Erik and I recently decided as a way to motivate ourselves to do more chores, we would award ourselves stars. Whoever earns the most stars during any given month would earn a certain amount of money to use towards their own goal. My goal is a trip to Walt Disney World in Florida! 

So far, I am in the lead with stars for our first month, however since I am currently on a week of "rest" for my wrists (which basically means I cant do anything) I don't know how much longer I will be in the lead =[.

I have been trying to do what planning I can so that I can see how much money I will have to save and make our trip as smooth and fun as possible when it finally arrives. My first step in making our trip successful was getting a Disney Rewards credit card through Chase. As a card member I not only get discounts on select Disney hotels and merchandise, but I also get 1% cash back in "Disney Dollars". We will also get other perks such as a photo opp with characters just for card members.

I have already begun researching which hotels to stay at and which shows and attractions we might be interested in doing while at the parks. This is especially important with Erik seeing as he does not really have any interest in amusement parks or rides, mostly thrill rides. Obviously this trip is primarily because I'm obsessed, but I want him to have fun too!

I'm hoping to have enough money saved for an 8 night trip in September 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment